Sunday, February 7, 2010

Homemade Tortilla Chips
















We recently had some corn tortillas leftover from pulled pork tacos which I'd made, so I didn't want them to go to waste. I remembered having seen Martha Stewart use corn tortillas to make homemade tortilla chips (okay, maybe semi-homemade). By simply brushing them with olive oil, lightly sprinkling with salt and chili powder, cutting into pie shape wedges, and baking for 18-20 minutes, we had really good tortilla chips, perfect for game-day nachos.

3 comments:

  1. The chips taste great and since they are baked rather than fried, they are a healthier alternative to regular chips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Dale, thanks for that great recipe. It's a wonderful idea and one I will try soon. I sure enjoy your blog! Keep those great pictures and recipes coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! They look really tasty and healthy. I bet they are good warm!

    ReplyDelete