Saturday, February 20, 2010

Chicken Stew with Biscuits









I recently was battling a cold and sore throat. When you're under the weather and you can't have mom's chicken soup, why not kick it up a notch to something even better? I revisited another winning recipe from one of my favorite chefs, The Barefoot Contessa, with her Chicken Stew with Biscuits. It's a hearty casserole that is the ultimate challenge to even the toughest cold. I roasted the chicken breasts the night before which made it more manageable with the clock, although it is not a difficult recipe. This recipe also make for great leftovers which were easily reheated in the oven. I'll definitely be making this dish again, although I think next time I'll try sauteing the pearl onions with the chopped onions in hopes of mellowing out the stronger than desired flavor they provided.



2 comments:

  1. Ok, that's looking like some tasty comfort food. One would think you are surrounded by snow and cold with that kind of menu! I can see why you like this recipe. It looks excellent!

    ReplyDelete