Monday, February 8, 2010

Scallop Potatoes with Ham & Green Chilies


The cater for our office holiday party in December provided an excellent feast including carved turkey breast, prime rib, stuffing, gravy, and lots of sides. I might have normally passed up the scallop potatoes with ham, but I was intrigued as soon as I spotted the green chilies. While I've had scallop potatoes many times before, I had not had them with chilies. I was really impressed by the additional layer of flavor the chilies provided to what is not normally that interesting of a dish. I recently tried to recreate this by starting with the Betty Crocker Cheesy Scallop Potatoes recipe to which I added a small can of green chilies. While my concoction didn't have the level of rich, creaminess as the cater achieved (but I hadn't used cream like they may have), it was still a pleasant, comforting meal for a cool winter evening.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to take an existing recipe and add new dimension to it. That sounds excellent--so hearty and full of flavor. You can add these to the next office party menu--it can be a "Throwdown with Dale!"

    ReplyDelete