Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole

As a child one of my favorite casseroles of my mother's was her chicken baked with white rice and a can of cream of mushroom soup. This casserole is a grown up version of that concept, so I had to give it a taste. While I've had a number of misses in the last few months with recipes which didn't turn out as well as expected, I've yet to be disappointed by a recipe from chow.com. Their Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole kept this streak alive. I really like both wild rice and Arborio rice so the opportunity to have both in a dish was hard to pass up. The porcini mushrooms added a nice earthiness to the casserole which was a winning match with the thyme. While the casserole involved a number of steps and took a bit of time to assemble, it was well worth the effort. The casserole also reheated very nicely for an easy weeknight option.

No comments:

Post a Comment