Monday, January 18, 2010

The Feasting Fork blog now launched!


Our home, circa 1980, came complete with a dated kitchen. Its features included ugly chipped cream tile countertops with dark brown grout (which looked anything but sanitary even after hours of cleaning), a refrigerator placement which didn't permit the door to fully open, cabinets which were difficult to completely utilize, ineffective lighting, and unncessary walls which didn't allow for today's more desired open floor plan. After hours of toiling over a couple of months (the true meaning of "sweat equity"), 2009 brought a new kitchen ready to be christened. The new kitchen complete with warm cherry cabinets, expansive quartz countertops, and a much more user friendly floor plan, furthered my desire to cook. A bit of post-Christmas holiday boredom then led to the idea of a food blog for 2010. The goal is to share my passion for preparing good food, while having the opportunity to road test new creations to share with others.

7 comments:

  1. What a terrific idea for a blog! It will be great to see all of the photos and recipes. Love the blog name too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great blog, Dale! We did miss you guys during the Christmas holidays. I am going to try this great recipe! Your photo of the cookies makes me hungry! It's so exciting to see this blog and I look forward to visiting it often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea for your blog. I think it suits you perfectly. I love your explanation of the joy and happiness you derive from cooking and exploration with food and flavors. I'll be following your blog and maybe even trying some suggestions.
    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can film your new cooking show from this fabulous kitchen!
    Great blog Dale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would want to cook in that kitchen too! Did Steve help you design the site? It looks amazing! Not to mention how delicious the food looks. I can't wait to see and hear more!

    Kaley

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice kitchen remake, that should be fun to play in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dale, what a transformation on the kitchen!! It's adorable! I think this is a great idea and the first thing I'm making is the cowboy cookies. If they are from you, they have to be wonderful. Good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete