Friday, January 22, 2010

Asparagus Flan with Chive Oil


To be honest, I was never a fan of Emeril Lagasse's show on FoodNetwork. I guess it was a bit too over the top for me (bam!). But I quickly became a fan of his show, Emeril Green, on the Planet Green network. I like the concept of his educating people on how to cook with foods they aren't used to using, plus the emphasis on organics via their set in a Whole Foods (or is it "whole paycheck"?) store. While I had only previously had flan as the familiar sweet dessert, I decided to give his Asparagus Flan with Chive Oil a try. I enjoy asparagus (especially roasted), and found this savory version of a flan to be rather enjoyable. While it may look intimidating, it really wasn't difficult. Please give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment