Sunday, May 2, 2010

Whole Wheat Pasta with Shitake Mushrooms & Chicken


I'm really embarrassed by how long it's been since my last posting. We spent much of March packing for the big move from San Diego to the Bay Area. Since our arrival on April 1st, most of my time has been spent acclimating to the new job (at Cal Berkeley) and surroundings. Since we're also in a one bedroom rental condo until the closing of our house on May 21st, there hasn't been much of an opportunity to cook with the limited resources of the kitchen.

I love almost any pasta dish, especially those with a cream sauce, which I try to avoid due to the fat and calories. This dish was my attempt at a creamy white sauce that was a bit more guilt-free. I sauteed an onion with chicken, garlic and shitake mushrooms, then added sour cream and a can of cream of mushroom soup (thinned slightly with the pasta water). Garnished with Italian parsley and freshly grated Parmesan, it was satisfying, delicious, and pretty simple to throw together.

No comments:

Post a Comment