Sunday, May 9, 2010

Gnocchi Nicoise and Roasted Asparagus

This was my first attempt at Gnocchi Nicoise and I must say that it was one of the most flavorable dishes I have ever made! I was thoroughly pleased with the robust and well-rounded flavors produced by the bacon, orange peel, carrots, nicoise olives, shallots, and brandy. It was also a quick and easy recipe to prepare. For a side I roasted asparagus with salt, pepper, and olive oil, (400 degrees for 10 minutes) and then added grated Parmesan and heated for an additional two minutes. I love roasting vegetables due to the way it intensifies their flavors, and the rich saltiness of the Parmesan finished off the asparagus quite well.


1 comment:

  1. This looks and sounds awesome--I love the texture of gnocchi and the ingredients sound fantastic! It has that rich but healthy Mediterranean feel to it!

    ReplyDelete