Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Crunch Bars

I love almost anything with pumpkin (although I recently had a red curry with chicken and pumpkin entree at a Thai restaurant near campus that I didn't really enjoy), and pumpkin pie is one of my all time favorite pies (and something I enjoy year round). If you are looking for an alternative to pumpkin pie and want a dessert your family will go crazy for, look no further. This is one of my favorite pumpkin recipes. In my opinion it's a lot easier than making a pie. I still remember the first time I had this dessert which was at a Thanksgiving gathering and our friend Dale Lund had made it. When he explained the bars had a dry cake mix sprinkled on top before baking I was a bit skeptical, but after one bite I was hooked. These Pumpkin Pie Crunch Bars are even better topped with a dollop of fresh whipped cream. Give them a try this Thanksgiving and let me know what you think...

1 comment:

  1. These look awfully good--and like the kind of thing you can eat too many of very easily. Thanks for expanding the options for pumpkin desserts. With whipped cream atop, I'm sure these are a force to be reckoned with!

    ReplyDelete